Hoarders : Celebratory Book Haul
A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas | Long Bright River by Liz Moore | Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare | Yolk by Mary H. K. Choi | Deacon King Kong by James McBride
This weekend, I participated in David Goggins' 4x4x48 Challenge. For 48 hours, you run for 4 miles every 4 hours. You can run or walk, or do body weight workouts. I did both. It was intense and I'm sore. But I did it. I managed to do 10 rounds because, girl needs to sleep, yanno? But I was pretty proud that I did it! I'm not a runner at all so to do it for two days was a feat! Hence, the book haul. To celebrate this achievement, my husband took me to the bookstore and picked up the goodies in the pic above.
N E W B O O KS
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas. I don't think this book needs an introduction. But if you need a little intro, it's book #4 of the A Court of Thorns and Roses series. I'm trying to get through the entire series and currently reading book#3. Look at me reading fantasy! Lol. Who even am I?
- Long Bright River by Liz Moore. This book is part of my Barack Obama 2020 Reading List Challenge. It's about two sisters on two opposite sides of the law. But when one of the sisters disappeared coinciding with a string of murders, the other sister has no recourse but to set aside their differences and find her before it's too late. Looking forward to reading this.
- Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare. I'm so freaking dumb! I needed to pick up Chain of Iron! I already have a copy of this. I just realized how dumb I am. Gah! Anyway, I hope I can return this book tomorrow. Going to the bookstore anyway, so I hope they'll exchange it. OMG.
- Yolk by Mary H.K. Choi. This book is about two sisters as well who are on the opposite sides in terms of their stations in life. I did not enjoy her last book, but hoping this will be redemption.
- Deacon King Kong by James McBride. Yet another book in my Barack Obama 2020 Reading List. This is about a deacon who shot and killed a drug lord in public. Who knows what made him snap? But I started it a couple of weeks ago (library borrow) and I wanted a copy for myself. Hoping to finish this one this week.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas ⭐⭐⭐ Re-reading the books so I can actually finish this series -- or keep up at least. I can't believe she hyped up Tamlin so much in this book only to do him dirty in the second book. Sigh.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Okay, well. Justified. I see what you did there, Ms. Maas. I get it now. I see why you want us to actually hate Rhysand in the first book, then give him a make over in the second book.