Hoarders : Felt Sad, Bought Books
A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigette Kemmerer | These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong | The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver | Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibert | Split Tooth by Tanya Tagaq
Pretty quiet week here on the blog. I usually do advance posts on the weekend but it was a busy one, so I was only able to post my review of The Midnight Library by Matt Haig. I was also in the midst of a doldrum week where being around people was a challenge, so I pretty much cocooned onto myself and tried to fight off the maudlin air around me. I did, however, read a lot of books in the last couple of weeks, which is good because I'm behind on my monthly goal of 20 books. As of this writing, I think I'm at 14. Still good, but I always shoot for 20 books every month.
With that being said, I decided to pick up some books because it always cheers me up. Y'all can relate, I'm sure. To be honest, I went there with the goal of picking up Code Breaker by Walter Isaacson and Split Tooth by Tanya Tagaq. Obviously, that plan went out of the window.
N E W B O O K S T H I S W E E K
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Bridgid Kemmerer is book 2 of the Cursebreaker series. I enjoyed the first book and looked forward to reading this one. Funnily enough, Goodreads said I already read this, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Lol.
- These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong is a Romeo and Juliet modern interpretation set in Shanghai during the 20s. Very interesting.
- The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver. This sounds like a story about one character standing on the precipice of a fork in the road. It sounds sad because it involves the death of a partner, but I'm still down.
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibert. The conclusion to the Brown Sisters trilogy. Can't wait as I love this series!
- Split Tooth by Tanya Tagaq. A story about a girl who was loved and cherished and at the same time bullied in a Nunavut community. This is apparently a beautiful story, so that's why I was on a mission to pick it up. Can't wait!
- Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Exile by Shannon Messenger ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Everblaze by Shannon Messenger ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah. J Maas ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- What Kind of Woman by Kate Baer ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Swing by Kwame Alexander ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Dark Horses by Susan Mihalic ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Lore by Alexandra Bracken ⭐⭐⭐
- Finlay Donovan is Killing It by Elle Cosimano ⭐⭐⭐⭐