April 2021 Rewind
April, glorious, April! I'm actually pretty excited that we're inching closer to the Summer. Which means, my allergies will hopefully be gone as well. It hasn't been too bad, to be honest. Last year, I got hives. This year is more normal: itchy, burning eyes, sneezing, and itchy throat. So far, so good.
Let's break down my month: I read a total of 30 books, with a couple of re-reads because: Abby Jimenez. Audiobooks are still my saving grace, as well, Kindle Unlimited. I'm also making good use of my Libby app and have borrowed some books from the library. Unfortunately, the physical copies went unread before they expired. Sigh. Here are the books. I won't talk about them much -- just the rating:
- How Much of these Hills are Gold by C. Pam Zhang ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Neverseen, Keeper of the Lost Cities, #4 by Shannon Messenger ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Beautiful Things by Hunter Biden ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- She Drives Me Crazy by Kelly Quidlen ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Life's Too Short by Abby Jimenez ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Law of Intertia by Sophie Gonzales ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Tex, Hell's Ankor #5 by Aiden Bates ⭐⭐⭐
- The Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Aftershocks by Nadia Owusu ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Gunnar, Hell's Ankor #2 by Aiden Bates ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Blade, Hell's Ankor #1 by Aiden Bates ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Anxious People by Frederik Backman ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- I Am Legend and Other Stories by Robert Matheson ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Body and Soul, Vanguard Towers #3 by Aiden Bates ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Sorry For Your Loss by Jessie Ann Foley ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Trick Mirror by Jia Tolentino ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Can't Take That Away by Steven Salvatore ⭐⭐⭐
- Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Lost and Found, Vanguard Towers #2 by Aiden Bates ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Touch and Go, Vanguard Towers #1 by Aiden Bates ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Best of Me by David Sedaris ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Dear America by Jose Antonio Vargas ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Push by Ashley Audrain ⭐⭐⭐
- The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Sweet As Honey, Aster Valley#2 by Lucy Lennox ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Rebel, Hell's Ankor #3 by Aiden Bates ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Maverick, Hell's Ankor #4 by Aiden Bates ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Watch Me by Sloane Kennedy ⭐⭐⭐
As of this writing, I've read a total of 104 books for the year. My goal was to read 150 -- which I would have to probably increase as they year goes on.
M A Y G O A L S
- I always start off with 20 books for the month so I'm keeping that.
- Working on finishing my April TBR and hoping to read more from my 2020 Obama Reading List.
- Blog more. April was a slow blogging month for me. I think I kept to 2 posts a week for the last couple of weeks, so I really have to work on that. I have been commenting at least, so that's good.
- Be more active on Instagram. I'm the least creative person when it comes to taking pictures, so I'm unmotivated to actually take a pic on a regular basis.